- Equip students with advanced knowledge and skills in data science and artificial intelligence with emphasis on machine learning;
- Train students in applying appropriate methodologies and techniques in data science and artificial intelligence –with emphasis on machine learning– for solving problems in real world situation;
- Enhance students’ analytical, communication and collaboration skills needed in the data science profession; and
- Raise students’ awareness of ethical issues in the use of big data.
Program Intended Learning Outcomes
- Apply contemporary computing technologies for the management of big data;
- Use advanced mining and machine learning methodologies for data analysis and knowledge discovery;
- Recognize the needs of and devise data science and artificial intelligence solutions for an organization;
- Communicate data science-related information to appropriate audiences effectively; and
- Recognize the importance of and safeguard the ethical use of big data in their profession.